None of us are perfect so for doctors, medical malpractice is a very real risk. Though most doctors and other health care providers are highly trained professionals, they can make mistakes too. Unfortunately due to the nature of their business their “mistakes” can be catastrophic. Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor or other health care provider is negligent in the care and treatment they provide a patient. Mistakes frequently occur during the course of surgery or the administration of anesthesia. Follow up wound care and infections are other common problems that may be caused by negligence or malpractice. Medical malpractice may manifest itself in some of the following manners:
- Misdiagnosis of an injury or illness.
- Failure to or failure to timely, diagnosis an injury or illness.
- Failure to prescribe the correct medication or dosage of medication
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Errors in ordering or interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Operating room mistakes
- Errors involving childbirth
Contact Us For Your Medical Malpractice Case
Please remember that the hospital or surgical facility often has legal responsibility as to what occurs in their facility by their authorized medical personal. Please contact our office for questions regarding the medical care you or your family has received.